The Culinary Institute of America just wrapped up their 19th annual Worlds of Flavor® conference and festival, World Flavors: Casual by Design. The highly anticipated event featured culinary experts and renowned chefs from around the globe sharing delicious food and insights with hundreds of attendees. (Fun fact: Did you know that the founders of Synergy Restaurants Consultants are both CIA trained chefs?)
Every year the conference features a different theme. In 2016, the cuisines of Europe and the Americas had the spotlight while the 2015 event focused on Asian foods. This year, the emphasis was on high-quality food served in casual settings. During the three-day conference, an abundance of culinary knowledge was shared. Here are some of the topics from workshops and seminars:
- China in Motion: Tradition Meets Fusion in New Casual Settings
- When Peruvian Cuisine Goes Global: Innovation Opportunities for Millennial Diners
- Designing our Future: New Models and Approaches for Casual Dining
- The Business of Markets and Food Halls: Strategies and Recipes
- What Does Hospitality Mean in the Casual World?
- True Thai Flavors: The Casual Road to Michelin Stars
Check out this video of highlights from CIA WOF 2017
At Synergy, we are always abreast of food trends and new ways to become efficient as a restaurant operator. If you have questions regarding developing your casual concept or improving your current operation, please contact us.