It’s no surprise that our culture is becoming increasingly more digital, especially the Millennial crowd. Restaurant operators are taking note and some are introducing self-service POS (point of sale) systems, allowing guests to order and pay for their meals using a device like a touch screen tablet or kiosk.
A recent study conducted by restaurant technology research group, Software Advice, showed that most consumers prefer this kind of technology in casual restaurants, especially for customizing orders (more on this here: Preferred Features of Self-Service POS Systems IndustryView | 2014).
What are the advantages of having self-service POS? Here are just a few:
- Acts as an assistant to your server so he or she can fully focus on guest satisfaction
- Promotes increased consumer spending
- Can showcase images and details of menu items
- Improves customer experience by reducing ordering wait time
- Eases order and payment customization (customizing order, splitting bill, tipping)
- Showcases specials and discounts
It’s important to note that not every restaurant may benefit from this kind of technology. The features of your self-service POS should be carefully tailored to your restaurant and target market. If you’re seeking professional assistance with implementing this technology into your restaurant, please contact Synergy.