By Natasha Reta – Culinary Consultant
Ginger, pumpkin spice, and the sounds of holiday songs fill the air. It’s that time again, so here are some simple holiday recipes to help you get into the spirit of the season…
Easy-Peasy Gingerbread Ice Cream
This easy recipe for smooth gingerbread ice cream is done in the food processor and placed in the freezer overnight. Be sure to leave a little headspace for expansion when packing into your containers.
2 cups heavy whipping cream
7 oz. marshmallow crème
3 tbsp. molasses
2 tbsp. brown sugar, dark
½ tsp. ground clove
½ tsp. ground Allspice
¼ tsp. ground ginger
- In a food processor, combine heavy cream and marshmallow crème, process for 10 seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until thickened 30-45 seconds.
- Place in containers and freezer 8 hours or just until frozen firm.
Granita Style Punch Bowl, Because Sharing is Caring
This icy holiday punch bowl takes a total of 10 minutes of prep. Keep it nonalcoholic and let the masses choose how to get loose.
6 oz gelatin, cherry flavor
¾ cup sugar, granulated
2 cups boiling water
46 oz. unsweetened pineapple juice
6 cups cold water
2 liters ginger ale, chilled
- Dissolve gelatin and sugar in boiling water. Pour dissolved gelatin mixture into a container and add pineapple juice and cold water.
- Stir well, cover, and freeze overnight.
- Remove gelatin mixture 2 hours before serving.
- Place frozen gelatin into a punch bowl and cover with ginger ale.
- Make substitutions to juice and gelatin flavor for your own jazzy touch.
Need fresh ideas to develop creative and on-trend or seasonal recipes? Our team of culinary experts is here to help! Contact Synergy today!