Premium fast-casual players have created a new market niche called ‘fast fine.’ Restaurants such as Mendocino Farms, 800 Degrees Pizza, and LYFE Kitchen are pushing the fast-casual model and putting a greater focus on hospitality and restaurant design. While still keeping prices low, these industry players are looking to fine dining for menu and design inspiration.
Here are a few examples of what Mendocino Farms is doing to elevate the guest experience:
• Guests are greeted by a host and, while being guided through the line, are informed of daily specials and unique menu items
• A server works the floor to get guests anything they need throughout their meal
• Real flatwear, not disposable, is used
• Curated seasonal beer and wine lists are offered at each restaurant
• Each location has a unique design that reflects the neighborhood
LYFE Kitchen is known for a health-conscious menu and takes pride in serving not just food, but a complete experience. Noodles and Company has found great success with using ‘Noodle Ambassadors’ that work the floor as servers during dinner. This helps guests that may want to linger and take time to enjoy their dinner. 800 Degrees has taken their concept to the next level by incorporating high-end restaurant design from world renowned Phillipe Starck.
Read more about the ‘fast-fine’ trend here.
Premium fast-casual is being called the future of casual dining. Contact Synergy Restaurant Consultants if you would like to learn more about elevating your casual restaurant concept.