Sandwich Showdown! What’s Your Fave?
Starting Sunday, August 19, the Cooking Channel celebrates one of the world’s most beloved foods — sandwiches!
We wanted to take this opportunity to commemorate famous sandwiches and the restaurants where they are made. Have you tried any of these sandwiches? Better yet, if it was your last meal on earth, which sandwich would you choose?
- Muffuletta at the Central Market, New Orleans: Amazing spicy olive relish with shaved Italian meats and provolone cheese on soft Italian bread. Share the goodness with your friends as this is one heckuva large sandwich!
- Pastrami sandwich at Katz Deli, New York: it doesn’t get any more New York than this! Smoked to juicy perfection and hand carved to your specifications.
- Cubana torta sandwich at Tortas Fronteras, Chicago: smoked pork loin, nueske’s bacon, black bean, Chihuaua cheese, cilantro crema, chipotle mustard and avocado.
- Philly cheese steak sandwich at Pat’s King of Steaks, Philadelphia: this restaurant is a legend. Founded in 1930, Pat’s King of Steaks is the originator and inventor of the steak & cheese steak sandwiches.
- Ferdi special po’ boy sandwich at Mother’s Restaurant in New Orleans: a po’ boy packed with baked ham, roast beef, debris ( roast beef that falls into the gravy while baking in the oven) and gravy, served dressed.
- BBQ Broham® (Pulled Pork) sandwich at Phil’s BBQ in San Diego: Seasoned and char-grilled, on a bed of Cole Slaw topped with BBQ sauce.
So what’s your pick? We want to know what’s the best tasting sandwich you ever eaten and where! Send is your drool-worthy picks!