Showcasing your Restaurant on Pinterest
The new age of the Internet has provided massive marketing opportunities for all businesses particularly through the use of social media. We all know and love websites like Facebook and Twitter for restaurant promotions, branding and customer engagement but if you haven’t joined Pinterest yet, you may be losing out on valuable exposure.
One of the latest social media sites to take storm, Pinterest has garnered immense popularity with over 20 million users and recent data analysis performed by Shareaholic show that Pinterest is now beating out Bing, Twitter and Google (Google referral) for referral traffic. So what exactly is so unique about Pinterest that it’s competing with the Web’s behemoths?
Pinterest is a social media site that allows people to organize, post and share things they love online by “pinning” websites and photos onto virtual “boards.” Much like Twitter, people can follow others’ activity and share things they like by “repinning” (just like “retweeting) someone’s pins; but unlike Twitter, Pinterest is visually captivating due to the primary use of photos in the layout.
Imagine the viral possibilities you have when you use Pinterest for your resaturant as a part of your social media engagement.
Example of Pinterest Boards
Pinterest for Restaurants: Simple Tips
- Take beautiful high resolution photos of your dishes, restaurant (interior, exterior), and guests
- Create different boards such as “Greek cuisine,” “noodle dishes,” “delectable desserts,” “cocktails” or “healthy food” and pin photos accordingly
- Write blog posts about your restaurant and pin those and any other web pages from your main website
- When pinning a photo of a dish, write a good description along with the name of your restaurant.
- Use hash tags in descriptions, just as you would on Twitter
- Pin special dishes like the soup of the day
- Pin special events that take place at your restaurant
- Be an active Pinterest member and engage with other users; follow others, repin and like other pins
Following these simple tips can help you get you started with one of the most popular social media websites in the world today.