Palo Alto, CA
-Concept was designed and engineered to own “the better for you dining space” with a fast-track highly scaleable growth plan in mind. Scope of work included concept and menu development with an emphasis on great tasting, healthy food with vegan, vegetarian, gluten free and certified biodynamic menu options.
-Synergy created all of the operating systems, training programs, CFO and HR functions and designed all aspects of the restaurant that has received numerous accolades as being an Eco friendly restaurant design, from the chairs, tables, light fixtures, and decor, utilizing recyclable, sustainable and energy efficient materials. Moreover, Synergy’s supply chain team has played an instrumental role in making LYFE Kitchen a highly profitable and scaleable concept.
Los Angeles, CA,
Client has a menu which is extremely labor intensive and Synergy was retained to identify meaningful ways to reduce complexity, waste and improve productivity and throughput to help the financial performance of the brand. Synergy conducted a comprehensive time and motion study which validated assumptions that there were significant opportunities to reduce labor with better operating systems. Synergy was retained for a second scope of work to conduct a through back-of-house operations assessment with the goal of eliminating 40-60 BOH hours per unit per week. The results of our efforts has saved CPK millions of dollars annually.
The Synergy team was retained to help refresh and re-energize the brand through a combination of menu and recipe reengineering, and a salad bar overhaul that delivers a superior guest experience. Additionally, Synergy was charged with introducing new technologies that aid in the reduction of operational complexity, improved food quality and reduced waste. As part of an extended scope of work the Synergy team was responsible for rolling out a new store kitchen design and table top strategy that included new dinnerware and table tip amenities.
Operations Assessment focusing on their updated brand within the Houston market, specifically designed to provide actionable recommendations to improve operational efficiencies, product quality and improved freshness ‘queues’ in line with the brands ‘Fresh Latin Flavors’ positioning.
Retained to integrate Synergy’s findings into a completely redesigned back-of-house at the brand’s Katy, TX location, intended to improve operational flow, Team Member efficiency, reduced staff labor, guest throughput, product quality and increased revenues.
Denver, CO - 4,300 Locations
• Strategic planning and menu innovation assignment to support the implementation and national rollout of a line of salads which exceeded sales by 16%.
Minneapolis, MN - 527 Locations
• Performed a comprehensive operations analysis with the goal of: improving unit level productivity, throughput, increasing check average and guest service. Provided strategic recommendations that lead to improved throughput, guest frequency and sales.
Lexington, KY – 22,000 Locations
• Completed multiple menu innovation assignments ranging from new LTO offerings, side dishes and new product line of sandwiches.
Sacramento, CA - 90 Locations
• Comprehensive operations assessment identified new organizational systems and standards to support rapid growth. Created an implementation strategy that lead to overall improvements in execution and reduction in prime operating expenses.
Boston, MA – 665 Locations
• Comprehensive assessment of operations to identify operating efficiencies to reduce store level complexity and provided insights for menu innovation.
• Brand extendibility creating a new suburban prototype and consumer experience
Miami, FL – 6 Locations
• Conceptually developed and operationally managed ‘Fast Food’ Shrimp centric concept in affluent malls along the east coast.
• Responsible for financial modeling, menu innovation and creating organizational infrastructure to support “Fast-Track” growth strategy opening twenty nine locations over a twenty six month period.
Lexington, KY – 39,000 Locations
• Operations Assessment to identify opportunities that would improve unit level economics
• Menu development and innovation to support core menu and LTO’s
Dallas, TX – 55,000 Locations
• Operations Assessment and Menu Optimization designed to improve unit level operating efficiencies.
Sandy Springs, GA – 750 Locations
• Brand health tracking and new product development that launched the most successful menu addition in company history that still represents 20% of revenue for the brand
Miami, FL – 650 Locations
• Developed a highly efficient operations strategy to support throughput during peak meal periods
Aliso Viejo, CA – 278 Locations
• Reenergized the brand with a combination of new menu introductions and reengineered recipes designed to improve overall guest satisfactions scores. The products developed increased guest satisfaction scores by ten (10) percent and received 100% participation from the franchise community.
Miami, FL – Over 12.000 Locations
• Brand extendibility that led to the launch of several new snack food products found in supermarkets and c stores
Dallas, TX – 10 Locations
• Retained to help improve overall profitability and food quality of a (then) five unit chain and created operating systems and standards to reduce “Prime” operating expenses to make the brand more attractive to the franchise community.
Baton Rouge, LA – 90 Locations
• Retained to assess ways to improve the throughput during peak hours of operation and develop several new menu selections that feature chicken fingers.
Manhattan, NY – 6 Locations
• Performed a comprehensive food, beverage, operations and commissary analysis of multiple units to identify a strategy for rapid growth. Provided strategic recommendations that lead to overall improvements in execution, food safety, service and standardization.
Chicago, Il – 514 Locations
• Develop the ‘field’ organizational infrastructure to systematize operations and ‘fast-track’ the national expansion of the concept. Responsible of developing the recipe and menu innovation strategy inclusive of the commercialization of all raw materials.
Irvine, CA – 421 Locations
• Conducted an extensive operations analysis and food review of their new Café concept to identify specific areas of opportunity to reduce operational complexity.
Charlotte, NC – 6,000 Locations
• Developed a line of prototypical LTO menu selections that became very successful and ultimately rolled out on a national level.
Memphis, TN – 566 Locations
• Menu Innovation assignment
Irvine, CA – 511 Locations
• Developed the company’s most successful LTO that was used for extended periods of time and 3 years in a row.
Los Angeles, CA – 91 Locations
• Provided strategic operations and culinary guidance to create the organizational infrastructure to support their growth strategy.